- Dedicated to working with diverse student populations.
- Enhanced guidelines and training to further develop campus organization and advisor effectiveness.
- Revised membership intake policies for the Lincoln greek and social fellowship community.
- Specialize in marketing and visual identity for organizations and events.
Concentration: Organizational Leadership
Wilmington University, New Castle, Delaware, January 2014
Concentration: Public Relations
Bowie State University, Bowie, Maryland, May 2009
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Photography (DSLR, Mirrorless, Film)
- Web Content Management System
- StarRez (Occupancy Management and Conduct Modules)
- Adirondack Conduct Coordinator
ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR RESIDENTIAL EDUCATION, Department of Housing and Residential Education
Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA, July 2017 - current
Create and implement a residential curriculum model to encourage high quality experiential learning opportunities within the residential houses.
- Serve on the Community Intervention Team/Student Success Team with Division of Student Services leadership to determine success strategies for student behaviors, including academic and mental health.
- Coordinate training and development opportunities, including the Division of Student Services LEAD certificate program and DHRE’s RA fall and spring classes.
- Supervise professional staff of 5 assistant coordinators of residential education, well 13 student staff members.
- Coordinate and teach iSTEM Residential Academic program class and Vanguard Scholars Leadership class.
- Provide and participate in rotating college-wide on call coverage, including weekends and holidays to handle emergency situations
- Provide academic advising for specific student groups within designated residential cluster, including developing academic plans, navigating course withdrawal, and connecting to campus resources to ensure student success.
Assistant Director, Office of Student Life
Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA, June 2015 - June 2017
Planned, supervised, developed and assessed student engagement initiatives thatenhance students’ experiences as a key Student Success manager.
- Supervised Orientation Assistants and Student Life Coordinators; Worked collaboratively with Residence Life and Student Media staff under Student Life umbrella.
- Served as project lead for leadership development programs, new student orientation and First Year Experience extracurricular events
- Provided leadership and direction for student organizations at SCAD that supports the college and the Division of Student Success’ learning outcomes
- Implemented the Student Leadership Recruitment process and the annual LEAD Conference for student leadership and development.
- Served as one of Student Succes’ key leads for the Emergency Preparedness Commitee and the Crisis Response Committee.
Residence Director, Office of Residence Life and Housing
Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA, August 2014 - June 2015
Develop a first year student and international student living community that reflects the institution’s SCAD 20/20 strategic goals; initiate and assist with planning and implementing of community development efforts.
- Served as a direct supervisor for eight resident assistant paraprofessional staff members and one office assistant
- Coordinated necessary training sessions for RA staff in areas of personal development, community development, programming, and conflict management
- Oversaw student conduct hearings for heightened conflicts between residents and housing violations
- Maintained student’s housing assignment and personal records in Adirondak Housing program
- Created and implemented departmental programs that focused on particular issues for first year and international students, inclusive of collaborative efforts with departments within the division of Student Success
Coordinator, Office of Student Life and Development
Lincoln University, Oxford, PA, September 2011 - August 2014
Developed co-curricular, social, educational, recreational and leadership-based programs that enhance the quality of the students’ campus life
- Served as the project coordinator for departmental initiatives/programs,including, but not limited to Men’s Leadership Week, Family and Friends Day, Homecoming, New Student Orientation, Student Leader/Student Activities Assistant selection, and student development workshops to strengthen retention efforts for students.
- Managed all intake activities training and development programs and civic engagement opportunities for greek and social fellowship organizations.
- Managed and developed paraprofessional student staff, including 35 New Student Organization Student Leaders, 10 Student Activities Assistants, and Student Life student volunteer event staff group
- Developed online and in-person training workshops for faculty and staff advisors to increase risk management education.
Graphic Design/ Freelance Experience
creative consultant, blueprint media design
Atlanta, GA, April 2008 - current
- Lead in the design, development and implementation of the graphic, layout, and production communication materials including logos, flyers, newsletters, and other forms of advertisements for the clients.
- Engage in detailed research, concepting and execution of design work, receiving and incorporating internal client feedback, maintaining consistency across media in integrated campaigns.
international director of marketing, iota phi theta® social service Fraternity, INC. grand council
January 2015 - May 2016
- Implemented a comprehensive marketing and communications program that enhanced the organization’s brand image and position within the marketplace and general public.
- Facilitated the creation of the organization’s marketing and communications activities and materials including publications, branding material.
- Served as a member of the Communications Strategic Planning committee, implemented to address organizational needs to address crisis situations.
- Provided counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
Presentation/Workshop Facilitation Experience
Presentation: Embracing Your Story- Bridging Your Identity to Your Leadership
11th Annual HBCU Leadership Summit
Human Rights Campaign | Washington DC, November 2016
Workshop: Breakthrough Branding – Defining and Assessing Your Chapter’s Brand
Iota Phi Theta® Fraternity, Inc. International Conclave
Memphis Tennessee, August 2015
Presentation: #BRANDINGOVEREVERYTHING Strategizing Your Organizations’ Brand for the School Year
NASAP Student Leadership Institute
Savannah State University | Savannah, GA, , May 2014
Presentation: Beyond Basics: Taking Campus Programming from Good to Great
Bowie State University SGA Executive Board Retreat
University of Maryland Eastern Shore | Princess Anne, MD, August 2013
Presentation: Living In Without Flipping Out: Learning How to Self-Advocate and Empower Others
MACUHO New Jersey Housing Conference
Felician College | Rutherford, NJ, August 2010
Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education
American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
Iota Phi Theta® Fraternity, Inc.